Amick Brown is seeking an experienced IQC Technician for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 Months
IQC Inspector will be performing dimensional and visual inspections of incoming product parts, assemblies, and products to ensure incoming part specifications have been met before release to manufacturing and finished goods. IQC Inspector will also inspect R&D parts per Engineer Requests or as First Articles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate standard metrology equipment (caliper, height gauges, micrometer, bore gauges, dial indicators, surface plate, etc.) for open set-up inspection.
- Operate and utilize Optical comparators and Vision Systems (Smart Scope, Keyence, or Dynascope) to inspect parts. Knowledge of how to operate Vision Systems is a desired skill but not required.
- Perform detailed Documentation Review to ensure all required data and certifications are accurate and present for each lot of parts or assemblies.
- Interpret complex mechanical drawings and understand GD&T concepts to inspect parts.
- Conduct visual inspection of purchased parts materials and assemblies to ensure it meets the required cosmetic and/or feature details listed in part’s specifications.
- Record Inspection results in computer-based software (1Factory).
- Use Neptune Software to track inspection times and results.
- Create inspection history files and upload them to the ERP system.
- Maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status
- Perform First Article inspections to qualify tooling and new parts.
- Perform inspection on parts/fixtures for the PMC (Calibration Group).
- Handle materials per procedure and prevent mix-ups, damage, or other adverse effects.
- Use the company ERP system (Inventory Control) to transact and release materials for production use.
- Physical move materials to the released area.
- Create Non-conforming reports in SAP for parts that fail their incoming specifications.
- Communicate inspection results to engineers and others, when requested
- Verify and maintain the accuracy of lot identification and count of materials.
- Performs any other projects or duties that may be assigned.
- Perform Gage R& R studies requested by engineers and others
- High school diploma, A.S. Engineering Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires an understanding of SAP or other ERP systems to be able to perform lot transactions is a bonus skillset. Will train, if no experience.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must be able to use or understand the use of standard inspection tools, gauges, and Optical Comparators.
- Experience using Vision Systems is a desired skill set but not required.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance is desirable
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Amick Brown, LLC is an Information Technology consulting company providing IT staffing and managed solutions. Founded in 2010, we are a certified woman-owned small business headquartered in San Ramon, CA with an additional office in Sacramento, CA. Amick Brown’s experienced IT professionals support customers nationwide in both the commercial and public sectors. We are SBA 8(a) and IS0 9001:2015 certified and are an SAP Services Silver Partner.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs