Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Sr Business Systems Engineer
to support the Program Management Office (PMO) team, focused on tools and process initiatives supporting new product development for medical devices for our direct client.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 8 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary contact for all technical questions and issues related to Clarity PPM and associated tools
- Ensures day-to-day PPM systems support is provided; collaborates with IT and Hosting Vendor to resolve issues related to implementation and performance
- Scopes design work including translating business needs into design and functional Clarity configurations (portlets, objects reports, etc.)
- Configures and customizes Clarity objects and portlets to meet customer needs
- Interacts with stakeholders, analysts and customers to describe pros and cons of solution options
- Translates functional requirements into a technical solution and demonstrates the intended outcome will meet the customer requirements
- Conducts product and configuration demos with stakeholders and customers to obtain input regarding usability and design
- Identifies, assesses and resolves technical and business problems/issues/risks and facilitates issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Diligently manages code, configuration, and documentation modifications using tools such as Subversion, Git, etc.
- Analyzes complex data structures spanning multiple tables to implement desired functionality and optimize report performance
- Plans, coordinates, tests and implements complex systems enhancements
- Participates in vendor/consultant engagements; makes recommendations to management on improvements
- Troubleshoots complex customer and system issues including, but not limited to, error messages, login difficulties, permissions issues, report and data issues, and process failures
- Reviews, researches, recommends and implements updates and fixes for Clarity PPM and associated tools
- Analyzes PPM upgrades to determine impact of workflow and configuration; manages testing for upgrades to avoid negative business impacts
- Develops and modifies complex reports, metrics and dashboards for PPM users and executives
- Prepares training and documentation materials together with the Training team
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Manages application support activities
- Supports the use of Issue/Bug tracking (e.g. JIRA) for PPM process
- Works closely with IT and Document Control teams to ensure compatibility and compliance of final process and tools across a variety of enterprise architectures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred, with emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Administration
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience; minimum of three years progressive PPM technical experience; PPM tool experience is required.
- Proven understanding of Project, Program and/or Portfolio Management
- Preferred - Certified CA PPM implementation specialist, CA PPM Business Analyst
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple software development life cycle methodologies is needed.
- Advanced level computer experience, including script writing, database architecture, web applications, and platform/system administration process knowledge
- Documentation skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Training and change management experience
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement efficient and user-friendly solutions is essential.
- The ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical language is essential.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, estimate effort, accurately meet deadlines and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations.
- Troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Experience with other languages such as Java, XML, HTML, CSS, NSQL and GEL is preferred
- Task automation skills for scheduling processes and jobs across servers
- Data Visualization skills with Tableau preferred
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs