Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Global Supply Chain Planner
for our direct client in the medical device manufacturing industry.
This position requires a creative and flexible individual to support the planning activities for logistics shipping. This position is responsible for managing inventory levels in various FGI locations to assure successful order fulfilment, which includes the balancing of available inventory across multiple plants.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 4 Months
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform planning and scheduling functions involved with coordinating products and materials through various production phases
- Review schedules to determine materials requirements to ensure products are available according to schedules
- Perform the Master Scheduling function for ‘accessory’ products. Determine forecast and load MRP as necessary. Run the Accessory Tracker report regularly and perform accessory shortage analysis and communicate to purchasing as appropriate.
- Monitor inventory levels at 3PL distribution centers and schedule replenishment shipments as necessary to maintain established inventory levels
- Manage changes to 3PL distribution center KanBans due to demand fluctuation
- Review in house inventory levels to assure adequate inventory is available to initiate replenishment shipments
- Perform reconciliation steps with 3PL distribution centers to resolve cycle count variances
- Partner with suppliers who replenish 3PL distribution centers directly to assure their production and replenishment activities adequately support our inventory requirements
- Determine and manage potential shortages by analyzing build schedules, shortage reports, on hand inventory reports and supplier delivery information
- Perform various SAP transactions to support the kitting effort and other supporting logistics activities
- Monitor ECOs for impact to FGI product and perform action items as specified in the ECOs
- Resolve work order variances relating to FGI kits and determine/track root cause. Work with Cost Accounting for month end close
- Monitor and adjust planning parameters in SAP
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Logistics function
- Minimum 2 years of experience in planning and / or master scheduling functions
- Experience with ECO analysis and implementation
- Experience in the execution of cycle counting, physical inventories and variance reconciliation
- Experience in independently managing challenging projects or assignments with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs