Amick Brown is looking for an experienced Technical Writer for our direct client in the public sector.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Duration: 1 Year with possible extension
- Research, write, edit, and proofread technical data for use in documents such as policies, procedures, and standards
- Interview programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel to gather technical information
- Actively identify and make recommendations for improvement in the documentation and review process
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content as needed.
- Proactively inform management about project status, issues, or concerns.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in communications, journalism, technical writing, information technology or related field preferred
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
- Experience working with industry writing styles such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with personnel
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs