Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Sr. Project Manager
for our direct client.
Location: Goleta, CA 93117.
Duration: 4 Months with possible extension.
Primary Function of Position:
Client designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems including cameras, instruments, and accessories for use in surgery. We are looking for an individual to manage projects associated with the development of these products.
This role is responsible for driving complex product development efforts from conception to manufacturing stability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for driving complex product development efforts from conception to manufacturing stability. Responsibilities include:
- Driving a portfolio of product design projects
- Ensure Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures
- Facilitate and ensure that complex, high-value Business Unit projects are properly scoped, resourced, and communicated to minimize risk, deliver on-time and on-budget
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Develop and monitor project budgets
- Provide clear communication to the organization on project status, critical path, as well as potential areas of risk
- Work closely with Product Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality organizations to ensure input and representation in the development process
- Work closely with NPI counterparts to ensure prototypes, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately
- Contributes to product prioritization decisions by providing data and analysis from current and past projects
- Provide feedback to team members regarding performance and requirements
- Build strong informal and formal communication channels to deliver information that is accurate and up-to-date to all stakeholders
- Utilize corporate approved tools and implement them to empower and unencumber team members as they work to complete projects
- Organize and guide large numbers of distributed, cross-functional resources successfully
- Function as the primary point-of-contact for key leaders and stakeholders across the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with all phases of the product or software development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and transfer
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once
- Requires knowledge of engineering, product strategy and business management
- Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability and cost
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
- Minimum 6 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of products
- Minimum 6 years of experience involved in software development life cycle
- Medical device experience preferred
- In depth understanding of Agile methodology, its values and principles, including backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, burn-up/down charts, etc.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; must work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines
- Energetic and balanced person with a drive for results, who feels accountable, has a great attitude, and is a team-player; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Desired project tools experience includes Clarity, JIRA, Confluence
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
- BS or equivalent work experience in a scientific or engineering field preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs