Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Network Engineer
for our direct client in the Medical Device industry.
The ideal candidate for the position will have an in-depth knowledge of enterprise switching technologies, wireless performance measurement, and network monitoring as well as a solid understanding of wireless security and network test tools. Experience with the SDLC process and the Quality Assurance process is essential in this role.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Wireless Network Validation Engineer is responsible for the validation and verification of the customer's medical-grade wireless networking solution.
- This individual will work with the Quality Assurance Engineers, Software Development Engineers, and product partners to deliver a world-class wired/wireless networking solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more experience with Wireless Router/Switches and APs from Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus, SonicWALL, etc.
- Solid understanding of 802.11 b/g/n/ac, IPv4/IPv6, NAT, WPA/2, TLS/SSL, DHCP and DNS
- Experience with wireless product evaluations is a plus
- Experience with wireless device certification testing is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge installing, configuring, and supporting Router/Switch and Wireless LAN
- Strong working knowledge in the installation and configuration of Router/Switch and Wireless LAN devices
- Hardware products, as well as, wireless product coexistence testing.
- Highly experienced in developing test plans from HW/SW functional specifications and product requirement documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate and with Product Partners, Operations, Quality Assurance, and SW development personnel.
- Experience with the SDLC process and the Quality Assurance process is essential in this role.
- Experience in software QA testing in a regulated environment is a plus.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs