Amick Brown is seeking an experienced QC Inspector
for our direct client.
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts: 01605.
Duration: 4 Months with possible extension.
IQC Inspector will be performing inspections of purchased parts, assemblies and products to ensure incoming specifications have been met prior to release to manufacturing and finished goods. Document and communicate the results of inspections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate vision system and other standard metrology equipment for open set-up inspection
- Conduct FAI, visual/dimensional inspection of purchased parts materials and assemblies to procedures or specifications and disposition based upon results
- Create inspection history files and document inspection results
- Maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status
- Handle materials in accordance to procedures and prevent mix-ups, damage or other adverse effects.
- Log/track materials from receiving inspection process including recording transactions and moving materials to stock locations
- Communicate inspection results to appropriate personnel
- Maintains the accuracy of identification and count of materials.
- Performs any other projects or duties that may be assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of GMP and GD&T standards.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract multi-digit numbers (including decimals); to multiply and divide; to find averages, percentages and ranges. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance. Ability to perform basic math on a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to understand the basic material flow from the stock room to finished goods, Bill-of-Material structure, and cycle counting procedures. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements.
- Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work including MS Office suite. Ability to use systems (Agile/SAP) to check drawings, BOM structures, procedures, training records is preferred. Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to use standard inspection tools (e.g. micrometers, calipers, rulers, etc.).
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs