Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Business Systems Engineer
for our direct client.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 1 Year
- Support the Program Management Office (PMO) team, focused on tools and process initiatives supporting new product development for medical devices.
- The technical design and functional implementation of key initiative enhancements of the New Product Development Application Lifecycle Management and DHF tools built using Oracle Agile PLM, Oracle SQL, Atlassian Jira, Matlab, and Python.
- Utilize technical skills to successfully design and develop solutions to provide implementation and maintenance of the solution.
- System expert mapping business processes to tools implementation and configuration, supporting data exchanges between database systems.
- Ensuring appropriate testing and records of transactions, creating and running reports, and providing guidance and support to IT administrators, process stakeholders, and all system users.
- Translates functional requirements into a technical solution and demonstrates the intended outcome will meet the customer requirements
- Identifies, assesses and resolves technical and business problems/issues/risks and facilitates issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Scopes design work including translating business needs into design, verification and released applications and workflows
- Works with SQL and Postgres databases and tools APIs for extraction and parsing of content for user purposes and reports
- Diligently manages code, configuration, and documentation modifications using tools such as Subversion, Git, etc.
- Ensures day-to-day systems support for developed applications
- Interacts with team members and customers to describe pros and cons of solution options
- Analyzes complex data structures spanning multiple tables to implement desired functionality and optimize report performance
- Plans, coordinates, tests and implements complex systems enhancements
- Participates in vendor/consultant engagements; makes recommendations to management on improvements
- Troubleshoots complex customer and system issues including, but not limited to, error messages, login difficulties, permissions issues, report and data issues, and process failures
- Reviews, researches, recommends and implements updates and improvements for database and DHF associated tools
- Analyzes commercial software upgrades to determine impact of workflow and configuration; manages testing for upgrades to avoid negative business impacts
- Works closely with IT, Document Control, and Compliance teams to ensure compatibility, quality, and compliance of final process and tools across a variety of enterprise architectures
- Manages application support activities including issue/bug tracking and closure for PMO owned tools
- Provides documentation for developed tools including functional specifications, test protocols, and test results reports per ISI requirements
- Prepares training and documentation materials for developed tools and processes
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Maintains current training records per ISI requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred, with emphasis in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Data Analytics
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; minimum of three years progressive tool complexity is required.
- Proven ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options, then implement efficient and user-friendly solutions is essential.
- Advanced level computer experience, including script writing, database architecture, web applications, and platform/system administration process knowledge
- Advanced skills in manipulating Microsoft Word and Excel files (CSV, XLSX) including breaking down elements and rebuilding into compatible files is necessary.
- Task automation skills for scheduling processes and jobs across servers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical language is essential.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, estimate effort, accurately meet deadlines and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations.
- Troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Knowledge of multiple software development life cycle methodologies is needed
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs