Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Test Engineer
for our direct client.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 1 Year
- The Product Engineering Test Engineer will help investigate performance, cost, and reliability improvements for our Client’s products, and complete the development, documentation, and execution of test protocols to evaluate these improvements.
- The successful candidate will have both the technical depth to understand complex electrical, mechanical, materials and manufacturing design issues and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team to troubleshoot to root cause higher level system issues.
- A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required as well as a commitment to high product quality.
- Work in cross-functional project teams to develop and verify modifications to surgical robots, instruments and accessories and related electro-mechanical subassemblies
Investigate and determine root cause of both latent and emerging design, manufacturing or material defects
- Develop, execute and document test plans and protocols for formal design verification and validation testing according to corporate standard and departmental operating procedures
Investigate clinical and functional requirements
- Provide test engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues
Ensure FDA/GMP and ISO compliance through unit testing, peer reviews, and validation of hardware.
- Support the CAPA and CPIP processes and quality/regulatory audits as required
Review appropriate manufacturing VRs and NCRs, or engineering changes (ECOs, MCOs, Deviations, etc.) that affect currently shipping products, to assure that product quality is maintained or improved.
- Establish individual goals consistent with overall project goals
- BSEE or BSME or higher from an accredited university or college
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer to Manufacturing
- Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience in test engineering, and/or in a medical device company or other regulated business highly desired.
- Aptitude in Electronic design required.
- Experience in debug of electronic assemblies is a plus.
- Knowledge of C or other high level programming language
- Medical product experience preferred (including knowledge of sterilization and biocompatibility processes and designing for these processes)
- Ability to travel up to 10% time
- A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs