Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Senior UX Writer
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension.
As a Senior User Experience Writer, you are working to shape the product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete their tasks. You will help drive and evolve the guidelines and best practices for Client’s brand voice and establish a cohesive language and unified voice across multiple platform as and touch points.
You’ll primarily collaborate closely with the lead visual designer and UX designers to create a unified experience from a copy/design perspective; evolve flows, flag areas needing improvement and propose solutions. You’ll also team with engineers, marketers, and others to ensure a successful product for both our business and our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use writing and editing skills to write in-product content across web, mobile and VR interfaces and workflows that facilitates behaviour change and learning, as well as information architecture, emails, on-boarding and other component of the entire end-to-end experience
- Experience iterating alongside designers and contributing to their body of work in a fast-paced, ambiguous setting
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our platforms and products
- Create compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Partner with HFE/user testing to develop product copy for testing, digest and log findings, and iterate copy based on learnings.
- Partner with legal, localization, and support to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation or journalism
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools
- Ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts quickly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think strategically, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments
- Skills as a self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements
- Empathetic listening and bidirectional communication skills demonstrated in effective interactions with users, peers, team members and management
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills; ability to be flexible while maintain focus to strive for best outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- While this role is focused on UX design, a working knowledge of marketing and brand communication is a plus
- Background in medical device/health care industry strongly preferred
- Be part of a growing team that is approachable, humble and always learning and collaborating with each other to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs