Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineering Drafter/Designer
for our direct client.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 6 Months
- The Mechanical Engineering drafter/designer will assist product engineering, manufacturing engineering, and other engineering teams by providing CAD drafting and design support to create/revise drawings for new/legacy custom parts, designing and/or modifying new/legacy custom components in CAD, and by reviewing dimensions and tolerances on drawings to ensure their suitability for the intended production process.
- The successful candidate will have the technical depth and proven experience to create and review drawings to ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Candidate must have experience with Windchill for CAD data management.
- Candidate will demonstrate knowledge of GD&T and the use of CAD tools to create/refine designs and drawings for assemblies and custom parts made of sheet metal, weldments, various plastics - some with complex surfaces, castings, electrical cables/components, and machined parts.
- The candidate will be a team player, collaborate with engineering teams, and have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment towards producing accurate drawings.
- Work with various teams to identify drafting/design support needs and schedule workload based on priorities set by management
- Identify scope of design/drafting support needs requested by engineering teams
Estimate time required to complete support activities
- Provide CAD design/drafting support as needed
- Communicate with vendors to determine process capabilities to verify manufacturability of part to tight dimensions/tolerances
- Support Product Engineering with creation and submission of ECOs
- Communicate with engineering teams to review drawing changes to suit manufacturing process capabilities
- Communicate designs and design changes with vendors and assist with DFM updates
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers to design static aids and dynamic fixtures used in testing and manufacturing of product
- Assist in creating engineering BOMs on drawings and in MRP systems
- Assist in lifecycle changes and production release of drawings via ECOs
- Provide mechanical engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues via drawing changes
- Establish individual goals consistent with team goals and project schedules
- Associates degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in creating drawings for mechanical parts, electro-mechanical assemblies, tooling components, and electrical cable assemblies
- Some experience in creating parametric shapes using surface modelling
- Experience in creating assembly drawings of mechanisms and drawing BOMs
- Experience with drawing reviews/checking
- Understanding of dimensional tolerance capabilities of process such as injection molding, castings, machine parts, and sheet metal components.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency using CAD to design and document mechanisms in SolidWorks
- Proficiency using Windchill PDM for file management
- Knowledge of ProE is beneficial
- Knowledge of component finishing processes such as electro-polishing, plating, heat treatment, paint/powder coating)
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs