Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Test Engineer
for our direct client.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 6 Months
- The New Product Verification Department is devoted to assuring safe, reliable, and effective products that exceed patient, surgeon, and hospital expectations.
- The department plays a vital role in product and process quality, in new product development and production, and in the quality of da Vinci Surgical System product lines, including endoscopic instrumentation, and supporting accessories.
- The Associate Test Engineer will work with a team of dedicated individuals within New Product Development and New Product Verification to assure quality of new designs; to identify issues related to new designs and processes, and to work with Test Engineers to develop harmonized test methods.
- Test Fixture Development
- Designs test fixtures and other test aids needed to perform Design Verification and Life/Reliabilty tests
- Identifies processes and test methods that could benefit from new or updated fixture designs
- Works with Test Engineers and Design Engineers to develop concepts and approaches to fixture designs
- Responsible for documentation of fixtures utilizing SolidWorks; release of documents into Agile
- Test Protocol Development
- Generates test protocols for Design Verification and Life/Reliabilty tests
- Works with Test and Design Engineers to develop test methods needed to ensure design requirements are sufficiently verified
- Takes ownership of protocols to get them submitted and released through the documentation control system
- Protocol Execution & Reporting
- Executes test protocols for clinically-based surgical simulation and automated testing utilizing da Vinci Surgical Systems and other test equipment
- Identifies and reports problems that arise during feasibility and design verification testing, and escalates new or persistent failure modes to appropriate engineering teams
- Provides documentation to the cognizant Test/Design Engineer that clearly indicates the results of product testing
- Other Responsibilities
- Ensures successful, on-time completion of department projects; communicates constraints to direct management when successful project completion is at risk
- Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product verification and test process design as assigned by department management
- Complies with company Department and Standard Operating Procedures
- Verifies and ensures adequate supply of test articles and other equipment or material
- Technical Skills:
- Ability to perform the basic mechanical engineering calculations needed to support equipment design, including dimensional analysis.
- Familiarity with equipment needed to perform typical performance measurements on electro-mechanical systems.
- Some basic knowledge of electrical systems, test equipment, and test practices is desireable.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to report quality issues.
- Ability to suggest process improvements, especially those involving test fixturing
- Must be a quick learner with the ability understand complex products and processes.
- Computer skills:
- Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work.
- Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Some college courses in mechanical engineering, along with work experience in an engineering organization.
- Medical device development experience is a plus.
- Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD software.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Other skills and abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use basic tools and measuring equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask, and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to work with biological samples, including blood, tissue and organs.
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Travel: Ability to travel as needed to support programs at other facilities
- Relevant experience in a medical device company
- Experience with MatLab
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs