Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Technical Writer
for our direct client.
: Sunnyvale, CA
: 1 Year
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures that development and delivery of technical documentation is consistent and compliant with support needs and company guidelines.
- Produces accurate, clearly presented, consistent customer product documentation on time for product shipment, and requires no instruction on day-to-day work, general instruction in new assignments.
- Focus on compliance with EU MDR, including but not limited to user manual updates, verification of requirement-driven content, and change impact assessment.
- Use skills as an experienced technical communication professional with understanding of industry best practices and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Work to ensure compliance with EU MDR, FDA, and regulatory guidelines
- Conduct validation and verification of technical documentation
- Complete documentation control steps to release final documentation. This includes Change Orders in the documentation control system.
- Serve as lead writer on projects and mentor other writers
- Determine best means to solve technical problems. Evaluate, recommend, or develop process and productivity aids.
- Plan, write, and edit instructions for use (IFU) for medical device systems and instruments, including large system manuals, instrument manuals, and ship-with literature using Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, or extensible markup language (XML) and Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA).
- Collaborate with department team members and with cross-functional team Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to research and develop content for instructions for use and validate/verify content
- Own document creation from inception to completion
- May participate in product development core teams as representative for technical publications
- 8+ years technical writing experience in a regulated hardware, software, biotechnology, or medical environment, including documentation for a highly technical audience focused on ease of use.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, professional writing, English, biological/medical/engineering sciences, or equivalent preferred
- Expert knowledge of current versions of standard authoring tools, including Microsoft Excel, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat
- XML, Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA), and content management experience preferred
- Experience with medical devices and a regulated environment preferred
- Strong writing and grammar skills in areas of content development and writing style. Analytical ability to swiftly grasp and effectively communicate complex scientific and engineering concepts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deliverables for multiple projects under tight deadlines, set priorities, and manage time effectively.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts and complex mechanical devices required.
- Working knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or equivalent desired
- Understanding of localization process desired
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs