Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Information Security Analyst
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in Cyber Risk Analysis / Threat Modeling in a high-trust environment (security clearance) or similar experience in medical devices or industrial control systems.
This position requires a candidate with strong technical and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the business and peer Engineering teams to deliver high quality solutions that ensure patient safety.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the CS Team project lead to perform cyber risk / cyber threat analysis for a client-server product line involving medical devices and document the results
- Work extensively with technical architects and development teams to document product specific cybersecurity architectures.
- Track the cybersecurity documentation to ensure regulatory compliance (EU-MDR, US-FDA, CN-NMPA) and adherence to best practices standards.
- Decompose cybersecurity architecture(s) into components with cyber risk
- Perform Information System security controls assessments and audits
- Participate in design of policies to improve the robustness and defense-in-depth for product lines
- Other duties as assigned
- Three or more years’ experience, with medical device, ICS/SCADA or embedded system experience highly desirable
- BS/BA required; MS highly desirable along with demonstration of sophisticated and logical thought processes.
- CAP, CISA, CISSP, GCIA, GIAC, GISF, GSEC, SSCP or equivalent certification required.
- Attention to detail in the preparation of highly technical documentation including risk analysis.
- Experience or background in Information Technology compliance in a healthcare, manufacturing or financial industry highly beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, switching and routing, Windows & Linux OS, Relational SQL databases
- Experience with Splunk, Syslog, Nessus, nMap, firewalls, SIEM
- Strong analytic skills as proven by a track record of analyzing and fixing complex problems in products and processes.
- Excellent judgment in the presence of competing priorities and incomplete data; proven ability to make difficult trade-offs with good judgment.
- Ability to present and whiteboard technical architectures and workflows
- Travel: None anticipated.
- Job location: remote (Pacific Time workday).
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs