Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Python Data Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension.
Python Data Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms
- 3+ years’ experience in the data warehouse space.
- 3+ years’ experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 3+ years’ experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 3+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- 2+ years’ experience in building visualizations
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability to document in details with data flow & architecture diagrams.
- 3+ years’ experience using Python
- Communication & Documentation
- Plot.ly – Intermediate - Expert
- d3.js – Intermediate- Expert
- Django/Flask – Intermediate - Expert
- SQL – Intermediate
- ELK Stack
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs