Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Data Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Duration: 1 Year
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs, Builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions, and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately, and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required.
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems, and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows, and storage requirements.
- Establish product requirements with proper documentation for quality control, and support testing effort.
Must have skills
- M.S. in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or Applied Math with a minimum of 4 years industry experience or B.S. degree with a minimum (7) years industry experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to independently work with services team to gather product requirements and manage the development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to work on large data sets
- Interested in early pipeline research and development/prototype efforts
- Proficient with relational SQL (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of statistics
- Any experience in the following would be ideal
- Database design and management
- CI/CD pipeline and Build tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, etc.
- BS degree: 7-9 years of hands-on experience
- MS degree- 4-5 years of hands-on experience
- 5 years of hands-on experience working on data using SQL on multiple platforms (SQL server, my SQL, Mongo) (required)
- 4 years of hands-on experience with Python and C# programming (required)
- 4 years of hands-on experience with Data analytics (dashboards) and derive insights
- 3-4 years of hands-on experience with Application Development Skills - web-based or service-based (required)
- 3 years of hands-on experience with ETL tools and automation (required)
- 1 year of experience AWS technology stack understanding (desirable)
- 3 years experience of using statistics for data modeling and predictions
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs