Amick Brown is seeking an experienced IT Software Asset Manager
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension.
Primary Function of Position:
The IT Software Asset Manager is responsible for building, managing, and improving the organizational IT Software Asset Management Program. They manage and support all activities of Software Asset Management (SAM) including lifecycle management, policy and process management, communication & education, inventory management, procurement, license management, budget, forecast, and disposition.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Managing daily software related activities
- Developing long term software strategy and goals.
- Developing and implementing procedures for tracking company software assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
- Working with management and vendor management functions to review software resources, expenses, and vendor purchase agreements.
- Establishing procedures for determining software system requirements
- Assisting procurement, financial, and legal departments in analyzing budgets, proposals, and vendor contracts for acquisition, monitoring, and compliance of software assets
- Overseeing development and maintenance of tracking system for all software assets in order to maintain an accurate inventory and accounting
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards
- Establishing and maintaining linkage with budgeting and procurement processes to track software acquisition, utilization, and retirement.
- Collaborate with management to define cost savings, software compliances and service improvement opportunities
- Prepare and manage IT software budgets
- Ensure audit compliance & readiness
- Drive continuous education & awareness of company policies.
- Strong analytic and organization skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Demonstrated competency of Information Technology contract administration, purchasing, or procurement
- 3 years experience with ServiceNow’s Software Asset Management Modules
- General knowledge of accounting, finance and logistics processes as they relate to IT Asset Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior management & executive level audiences
- B.S. in Information Systems or related degree
- Requires 5 years experience in IT Software Asset Management
- Requires 10 years experience in IT
- Requires 5 years IT managerial experience
- Prefer 7+ years’ experience in IT Software Asset Management
- Prefer 7+ years IT managerial experience
- Prefer 12+ years’ experience in IT
- Prefer 4 year experience using ServiceNow Software Asset Module
- Prefer 2 years experience with ServiceNow SAM Pro.
- Prefer experience implementing at least two different Software Asset Management systems.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs