Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Space Planning Manager
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension.
As Space Planning Manager, you will be responsible for being part of our strategic occupancy planning, program management, workplace design, and moves team. You will work side-by-side on projects with your team of occupancy planners, workplace designers and MAC professionals. You will be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will
Roles and Responsibilities:
PLANNING & CAPITAL/EXPENSE PROJECTS:
- Perform strategic occupancy planning, scenario planning, programmatic strategy, space planning, and workplace design, and design standards for facility projects.
- Participate in workplace strategies for internal business functions that support collaboration and productivity and are aligned with company objectives. This includes change management, business case development, and tracking design trends that impact space requirements.
- Take business requirements and translate to occupancy planning and space utilization plans.
- Develop, manage, and implement space solutions to maximize safety, efficiency, and foster innovation.
- Participate in occupancy planning and workplace design efforts for the post-pandemic workplace.
- Partner with project managers, facility managers and engineers on multiple facility design and construction projects – supporting program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning and task delegation. Identify and drive process improvements and program enhancements for existing programs.
- Periodically represent our facility operations team within cross-functional teams and the organization at large.
- Use previous experience to influence innovation and negotiate to drive and ensure resolution of all technical and process issues.
- Report on or support program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all levels of the organization. Highlight risks and opportunities with the project teams and senior leadership.
- Perform occupancy planning, provide workplace design standards, review architectural plans, serve as a design liaison between architect and internal users, support with test fits, and lead move management on large capital project.
- Support project management, strategic sourcing, and procurement teams with selection of service providers and vendors, including architects, engineers, FF&E, and other specific consultants.
- Partner with Project Management leaders on design management – provide input and review of conceptual, schematic, and design development plans, and construction documents for consistency with our design playbook. Input required for architectural, interiors, furniture, transition planning and closeout.
WORKPLACE STRATEGY AND DESIGN:
- Participate in occupancy analysis reporting to effectively communicate occupancy/vacancy ratios, headcount projections, and workplace conditions. Develop occupancy scenario plans, analyze workplace data, and engage with internal customers to develop innovate solutions.
- Customer interface at all levels for gathering and validating headcount growth projections, lab equipment deployment, and all programmatic space requirements. Translate into test fit layouts and socialize for approval.
- Negotiates space among user groups to maximize use of real estate while enhancing adjacencies to improve collaboration and workflow.
- Manage space planning on Centerstone to ensure integrity of data.
- Manage relocations, working closely with project managers and internal customers. Develop and execute project planning activities, timing of group moves/relocations, migration and phasing plans, stack and block plans, test-fits and final relocations, assuring smooth, organized transitions on each project.
- Lead workplace strategy and design, including assessing workplace needs, measuring work environment efficiency, effectiveness, and experience, and proposing changes to strategies.
- Bring insight to Intuitive on external workplace strategies and related innovations that may be appropriate for our firm to consider.
- Lead our companywide post-pandemic workplace strategy and design efforts.
- Understand critical business / work processes and help develop workplace models that align with our business goals.
- Assist in the development of change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage of new work environments.
- Lead our relocation services efforts including moves, adds and changes teams
- Provide guidance, support and oversight for move managers with focus on our US portfolio
- Periodically provide input and support regarding moves outside the US on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, interior design or business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years of direct, progressive professional experience in the management of the space utilization, occupancy planning of commercial buildings (general administration, R&D, manufacturing), space planning workplace design, and related disciplines.
- Knowledge of application of local, state, federal regulations: building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, OSHA, LEED, Cal-Green, ADA, and IBC. Familiarity with building codes used in markets outside the US is a plus.
- Strong skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, CAFM, Serraview, occupancy planning software, and space data management solutions, IWMS, and dashboard reporting using Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Proficient in reading construction documents – all disciplines – architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, life safety, civil and site.
- Experience working campus and portfolio-wide strategy and occupancy planning projects
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and decision facilitating expertise, with strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.
- Highly effective communication skills – writing and speaking skills through written proposals, meeting facilitation, oral presentations.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs