Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Simulation Support Specialist
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 9 Months with possible extension
Our Client designs and manufactures highly sophisticated robotic systems for use in surgery. The Training Technologies department markets, manufactures, develops, and supports those products that improve the learning curve of our surgeon customers. In this department, the Simulation Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development teams technical operations and interfacing with third party manufacturers.
Roles & Reponsibilities
- Should work closely with senior sustaining engineering and development engineers to make sure the development hardware and fixtures are always operational and the firmware and software levels are at production or near production states.
- This role will have the opportunity to work with other groups such as RMA operations, OEM manufacturers and logistics agents to build, fix, and move simulators around the world.
- This role functions to maintain development operations and to support the sustaining engineering efforts on simulation product.
- Simulator fleet support
- Maintain fleet of product development hardware
- Help drive and encourage new processes to bring down frequently occurring issues
- Communicate with customer support & RMA of improved processes and troubleshooting guides
- Create new troubleshooting guides/processes
- Interface with manufacturing
- Create/modify Assembly and Test MPIs
- Qualify new hardware to run on Simulators
- Be a point of contact for logistics operations
- Preparing simulators and consoles for multi-department support
- Maintain simulator inventory (simulators, SSC, internal HW components for putting sims together/repair)
- Find information on in-field simulation fleet via SAP/CRM
- Test simulator hardware and be comfortable and knowledgeable working with PCB and etc.
- Help out with manual testing of Simulator during release.
- Author test cases for various testing needs on the team
- Get familiar with scripting and programming
- Experience working in engineering support functions (electrical PCBs, Software development, IT systems) required
- Experience building computer systems using common hardware components (motherboards, GPUs, power supplies, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate emerging technologies
- A passion for creating high quality, robust, and reliable products
- Proactive, lean-in, and can-do attitude and approach to meeting and exceeding commitments
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with an ability to relate to different people in cross-functional teams
- “Self-starter” attitude and proven ability to work well in a diverse team environment
- Capable of working independently and collaborating across a global organization
- Windows scripting development
- Network troubleshooting skill
- Familiar with Agile or similar lifecycle management (PLM) tool
- Demonstrated technical leadership being able to drive projects to completion
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs