Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Data Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Duration: 9 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute broadly to the Data Foundation team, responsible for designing, building and managing various data platforms to support business processes, advanced analytics, and new technology development focused on surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms.
- Primary focus will be to design, develop and maintain data platform ensuring data integrity and security.
- The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new data research and development directions. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required
- Writing microservices to ingest and parse large amount of log data using distributed systems
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage a distributed ETL pipeline for surgical data and integrating them with business processes using tools like Python, Airflow, Spark, EMR, Docker, ElasticSearch etc.
- Develop SQL Objects to process and convert machine data into business data
- Become familiar with and use existing robotic system’s upload functionality of streaming events, video, kinematics, and other data streams
- Implement rigorous model testing, validation, and optimization strategies within automated ETL and training pipelines
- Support integration of large databases with advanced analytics environments
- Contribute to the development of digital products to improve minimally invasive surgery
- Support multiple engineering, data and analytics teams in collecting, accessing, and analyzing data
- Enable product development teams to bring digital products to market
- Continuously explore efficient solutions for database designs and storage solutions
- Participate in data management
- M.S. in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electonics, Data Management or Applied Math with minimum of 4 years industry experience or B.S. degree with minimum (7) years industry experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Very Strong data engineering and ETL skills
- Very Strong experience working with relational SQL ( Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake etc.), NoSQL ( MongoDB, ElasticSearch etc.) and TimeSeries ( Druid, Influx etc.) databases-Preferably SQL Server
- Strong experience with Python or C# programming
- Strong Experience with Data Development
- Hands-on experience with Data analytics (dashboards – preferably Tableau) and derive insights
- Understanding of security - SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JWT Token, SSO
- Experience working with Windows and Linux OS
- Any experience in the following would be ideal
- Database design and management
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and Build tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab etc is required.
- Experience with AWS technologies- EC2,RDS, S3 is a plus
- Travel: 10%
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs