Amick Brown is seeking an experienced System Test Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95051.
Duration: 9 Months with possible extension.
Primary function of position:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The System Test Engineer (MARS) is primarily responsible for testing ongoing development of products/prototypes.
- The System Test Engineer will support the SW development group to test new software releases by executing manual, automated and semi-automated software module tests.
- The focus is to ensure that new products/prototypes are safe and effective, and meet design and user requirements.
- Work with development team, build and release engineer to test new SW releases/prototypes
- Responsible for writing and executing software tests (including system, network, specialized applications)
- Write and execute software verification of unit test software
- Write and execute software verification of system (frontend, middle tier framework, backend)
- Conduct testing per released test protocols.
- Write and release formal test reports.
- Conduct informal testing and log issues in issue tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related, with minimum of 1 year of experience.
- In depth knowledge of QA, software testing practices and fundamentals required
- Proficiency in containerization technologies & repository management solutions such as github required
- Proficiency in testing Linux and Windows environment required
- Proficiency in scripting using python or other scripting languages (shell, bash) preferred Technology Coverage (Experience developing tests for the following):
- Enterprise C/C++ software modules and frameworks
- RPC and REST-based API based integration with internal and external enterprise class systems required
- Scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications preferred
- Familiar with code profiling and code analysis / debugging preferred
- Networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.) preferred
- Mobile applications (iOS, Android, etc) preferred
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs