Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Automation Test Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Duration: 8 Months with possible extension.
Primary Function of Position:
The ideal candidate for the position of Automation Engineer will have proven experience to design, develop and maintain automated test cases using tools and framework along with functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end tests.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build detailed test plans and test schedules
- Build automation frameworks for web and mobile applications
- Write detailed low-level test cases and test protocols
- Provide feedback to Development on requirement/specification clarity and understanding to support proper testing method development
- Working cross-functionally with other engineering teams, developer tools, designers, and project management teams
- Assure proper root cause analysis and drive timely issue resolution of Product Issues
- Debugging large and complex automation codebase to assess the root cause of test failure
- Mobile and browser compatibility testing
- Work with various team to promote QA processes, practices, and standardization
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency with using cloud-based technology to minimize manual testing efforts including Perfecto, Sauce Labs, and other similar tools.
- Proficiency in Appium and Selenium Web driver.
- Proficient with various types of software testing including unit testing, smoke testing, integration testing, interface testing, system testing, and regression testing.
- Hands-on experience in at least one programming/scripting language: Python, Core Java
- Experiences in defect lifecycle and defect management tools like JIRA or ALM
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams
- Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision-making skills, and documentation skills
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs