Amick Brown is seeking an experienced HR Business Partner
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- The role will partner with multiple HRBP Directors (reporting to one of them), the organization’s management teams, and centers of HR excellence to assist in the implementation of HR initiatives, policies, procedures, programs, and employee relations while establishing best practices and sustained scalability.
- The HR Manager will demonstrate proficiency in all functional areas of Human Resources to include performance management, policy administration, and process development, employee relations, and talent acquisition and development.
- In addition, the successful candidate will fully develop an understanding of assigned business areas and represent the interests of those areas within the Human Resources group.
- They will work collaboratively with HR colleagues and department leadership to develop/maintain a culture that supports the company mission, vision, and core values.
- Works closely with HR Business Partners and maintains strong and transparent partnerships across HR and assigned client groups
- Responds to employees and management inquiries on a broad range of issues and provides general guidance - i.e. straightforward employee relations issues, including coaching first-time managers on the company values and general management expectations based on best practices.
- Provides coaching to frontline management on basic tools (i.e. HCM) as well as HR programs, policy, and procedures, employment/labor laws, conflict resolution for best employee engagement.
- Ensures timely posting of data transactions in HRIS and follows approvals from start to finish so effective dates are implemented.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Compensation on the timely opening of requisitions, sourcing, hiring, and offers in alignment with business practices to ensure quicker hiring for scale.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition and Finance to track, report on, and manage issues related to headcount.
- Support leaders with talent acquisition best practices from aligning on level of prospective roles, objective scoring sheets, diverse interview panels, etc.
- Provide cross-functional program management support of annual/recurring HR programs including performance and compensation review, talent planning/development initiatives, and change management strategies.
- Partner with leadership to maintain a work environment that keeps employees engaged and aligned to company culture.
- Manage and coordinate org-specific HR data and workforce planning reports in alignment with team HR Manager (i.e., current headcount, terminations, turnover, new hires/requisitions, retention, performance management, ad hoc SAP reports, HRIS audit reports org charts, etc.)
- Deliver training and presentations and facilitate group discussions with client groups.
- Manages multiple projects and initiatives with an ability to prioritize, communicate effectively and execute on deadline.
- Drive and support other activities as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3+ years in a Human Resources generalist role
- Demonstrated success in partnering with frontline leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- Strong business acumen and judgment
- Solid understanding of HR technology including HRIS (HCM), Taleo (ATS), Qualtrics, Tableau, Sharepoint, and other technical systems to input data for HR-managed changes.
- Think strategically, anticipate challenges, and address issues that benefit the organization, enhance the culture, and resolve leadership and talent gaps.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with the rapid and complex changing work environment
- Ability to work with various levels of ambiguity
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Excellent communication including oral, written, and interpersonal as well as organizational skills
- General knowledge of employment laws with additional experience within functional HR (Comp, Staffing, Benefits, HRIS) preferred
- Adaptability to travel 10% of the time between different regional sites and the National Sales Meeting (when travel is approved).
- Resourceful with initiative; should have an ability to operate with some autonomy
- Experience with organizational development and project/program management skills preferred
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs