Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Supplier Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension.
Primary Function of Position:
The mission of Supplier Engineering is to ensure high quality and stable delivery of purchased production components from suppliers operating under robust quality systems to maximize Patient Value. Primary function of this role it to support factory operations through supporting purchased component complaints discovered on NPI product lines and supporting senior team members in root cause analysis in order to achieve timely response from suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supplier Quality and Performance Improvement
- Investigate and resolve Production line down events that are Supplier related; includes the following:
- Disposition non-conforming material (Containment)
- In-depth Root Cause Analysis
- Implement Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions
- Documenting all of the above
- Support New Product Development activity for new purchased product, which may include:
- Inspection Correlation
- Gage R&R
- First Article Inspection
- Support supplier manufacturing process improvements that affect quality by supporting the SE team in using various tools and best practices including project management, 8D/6M methods and other Six Sigma practices
- In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- Knowledge of input variables into manufacturing processes that impact quality
- Experience in evaluating and supporting supplier-related issues
- In-depth analytical and trouble-shooting skills, and inspection and test techniques
- Ability to read and interpret detailed specification drawings, including GD&T, and communicate technical information
- Dependable Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to local suppliers within 60 miles
- BS degree in Engineering
- Advanced computer experience using MS Excel, SAP (or other ERP system), and Agile (or other document control system)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Process (GMP)
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs