Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Database Administrator
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension.
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required.
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
- Reviews internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity and suggests changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
- The PostgreSQL (Preferred), MySql(Preferred), MS SQL, Mongodb Database Administrator is a key role for an individual who is both collaborative and can work hands-on in our large database infrastructure.
- Managing a mix of both physical and cloud-based database servers, the Database Administrator is responsible for the care, feeding, and uptime of mission-critical infrastructure.
- Experience in Tableau Reporting and working knowlege in SQL Server & Mongo.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability 24x7 PostgreSQL, Mongo and Other databases.
- Establish policies and procedures pertaining to data management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
- Responsible for capacity planning and recommending paths to account for application growth that are in line with industry best practices.
- Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
- Define and implement database schema and configurations working with our development teams.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
- Perform review of schema, stored procedures, and other changes to the database DDL.
- Audit for data integrity and consistency across systems.
- Work with data-warehousing and Business Intelligence tools like Tableau.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electonics, Data Management or Applied Math with minimum of 5 years industry experience or B.S. degree with minimum (8) years industry experience 6+ years of experience working in Database Administration
- In-depth understanding of relational and dimensional database theory and concepts.
- Strong experience working with relational SQL ( Microsoft SQL , MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake etc.), NoSQL ( MongoDB, ElasticSearch etc.) and TimeSeries ( Druid, Influx etc.) databases
- Significant practical hands-on experience with database administration, backup and recovery, database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, and table partitioning, performance tuning and high-availability solutions
- Detailed understanding of Postgres database server architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies.
- Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
- High-level of proficiency with PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
- Strong experience of shell scripting and writing applications in Python.
- Previous experience with PostgreSQL in the cloud, including Amazon RDS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Working knowledge of Docker and previous production experience with PostgreSQL or other databases in a Dockerized environment a plus.
- Understanding of security - SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JWT Token, SSO
- Experience working with Windows and Linux OS with system resource monitoring and tuning.
- Ability to handle stressful problems and solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both in oral and written communication
- Excellent planning, problem solving, organization and project management skills
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs