Amick Brown is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension.
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at scale.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for code deployment, management, and visibility of application services.
- Develop tools and framework to automate operational tasks, deployment of machines, services, applications.
- Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of the application
- Audit existing services for problems in infrastructure with security, configuration or other possible issues
- Providing support to the infrastructure hosting Critical DevOps tools and Applications.
- Support engineering Linux systems.
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation
- 3+ Years` Experience in DevOps Engineering, team management, and collaboration.
- 2+ years in DevOps using test automation and CI/CD tools, containers, cloud infrastructure, and other modern technologies, CI/CD pipeline set up from scratch as DevOps lead
- Experience with IaaS (Terraform) implementing scalable cloud / On-prem based environments and systems; service-oriented architectures and microservices; deploying resilient, scalable, high-throughput systems.
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD processes for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitLabs etc.
- 3+ years of administering RedHat, CentOS Ubuntu Linux based systems with minimal
- support, to include Linux subsystems, patching, packaging (rpm), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
- The scope of software support includes, but not limited to, working with various Linux versions of RHEL, MAC OX, Ubuntu
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Java and writing code and scripts.
- Experience working with virtualization Platforms as VMWare, AWS, Nutanix AHV.
- Hands-on experience in building and administering VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker / Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring technologies such as Nagios, Icinga, etc.
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Strong networking knowledge and experience is highly desired.
- Develop / Maintain Documentation on operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- 4-year college degree in Information Technology or Engineering strongly desired
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee and mentor junior software developers, as well as report to management
- Must be able to work independently and self-directed, as well as, within a team.
- Successful candidate should be flexible and able to complete projects outside
- normal daily duties as needed.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs