Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Material Handler
for our direct client.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: 6 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Material Handler is an entry-level position responsible for basic material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers.
- Following initial orientation, the Material Handler 1 will be trained and certified to perform one or more of the following tasks: receiving; parts put-away; parts replenishment; Material Transfers (MT); Sales Order fulfillment; Single Parts Presentation kitting (SPP); packing and/or cycle counting.
- Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
- Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations.
- Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.
- Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
- Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
- Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders.
- Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
- Performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Complying with materials management policies and processes, including First In/ First Out (FIFO) material rotation, 5-S, Safety, Quality, Attendance and Good warehousing / Housekeeping processes.
- Participating in the daily cycle counts.
- Operating material handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, order-picking machine).
- Communicating via e-mail the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
- Possess high school degree or GED.
- Minimum 2-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) is preferred.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs