Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Sr Supplier Equipment Engineer
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension.
- In this position, you will make significant contributions to how the da Vinci Robot is built and tested.
- You will analyze assembly and test processes to identify opportunities for improving the quality and productivity of our suppliers.
- You will be responsible for continuous improvements to existing test and assembly fixtures, and for development of new equipment, tooling and testers.
- The ideal candidate will have,
- Experience developing custom automated equipment from design, through fabrication, to sustained production use
- Will have demonstrated proficiency in electrical design, integration of electromechanical components, and creation of associated software code
- Will have proven experience working with contractor manufacturers.
- Drive continuous improvement projects in the test and equipment space to increase manufacturing yields, improve test coverage, diagnostic capability, productivity and error proofing.
- Thoroughly document all aspects of the equipment, including its requirements, design, operation, and qualification in compliance with Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).
- Execute equipment design and process verification/validation, including DQIQOQPQ activities to allow production release of new equipment.
- Transfer functional test fixtures to contract manufacturers and support them with change implementations, training, maintenance and debug.
- Maintain BOMs for test fixtures, tools or aides. Maintain spare equipment, hardware/software and computer configurations.
- Develop new fixtures from specification to implementation on ISI production lines or at ISI suppliers.
- Determine the root cause of equipment and system test failures.
- Perform design review for new equipment and tooling developed.
- Utilize statistical tools to develop reports of process performance and identify areas of manufacturing improvement.
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with focused attention to detail.
- High sense of ownership and desire to drive projects to completion
- BSME, BSEE, Mechatronics (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of experience with a BS degree (or 2+ years of experience with an MS degree) developing production grade, automated test fixtures.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and layouts.
- Troubleshooting mindset - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failures and troubleshoot to its root cause.
- Aptitude/Experience in debug of complex electronic assemblies.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
- “Self-starter” attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment, where you can demonstrate an ability to work with other engineers, technicians and contract manufacturers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computers, electronics, and standard software applications.
- Prior experience with CAD, SolidWorks or other design /modeling software.
- Knowledge of C, Matlab, Python or other programming /scripting language.
- A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of problems.
- Position based in Sunnyvale, CA
- 25% Domestic Travel expected
- MSME/MSEE (or equivalent).
- Prior experience with documentation and production control systems: Agile, SAP.
- Prior experience in writing equipment specification and test case protocols.
- Understanding of statistical methods, data collection and analysis.
- Experience working in a medical device company or other regulated business.
- Prior experience in PLC programming and/or Data Acquisition tools.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs