Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Marketing Publication writer
for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 4 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a Lead User Experience Writer, you will be working to shape the product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete their tasks.
- You will help drive and evolve the guidelines and best practices for Client’s brand voice and establish a cohesive language and unified voice across multiple platforms and touch points.
- You’ll primarily collaborate closely with the user experience designers and product managers to create a unified experience from a copy/design perspective; evolve flows, flag areas needing improvement and propose solutions.
- You’ll also team with engineers, marketers, and others to ensure a successful product is built for both our business and our customers.
- Use writing and editing skills to write interface copy across web, mobile and VR interfaces along with workflows that facilitate behavior change and learning—in addition to developing information architecture, emails, on-boarding and other component of the entire end-to-end experience
- Collaborate with user experience designers and contributing to their body of work in a fast-paced, ambiguous setting
- Maintain Intuitive voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our platforms and products
- Create deliberate and scalable long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Partner with user experience design and human factors engineering to develop product copy for testing, and develop copy based on learnings
- Work with legal, localization, and support to ensure the copy is appropriately and responsibly developed.
- Writing samples that include a breadth of examples such as interface content, microcopy, information architecture, emails
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency or journalism
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools
- Familiar with software development process
- Ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts quickly to a variety of audiences
- Empathetic listening and bidirectional communication skills demonstrated in effective interactions with users, peers, team members and management
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills; ability to be flexible while maintain focus to strive for best outcomes
- Self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs