Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Engineering Technician for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 9 Months
Estimated pay range: $20 - $26 an hour per client contract and candidate skills, experience and work location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The packaging engineering team is devoted to designing and qualifying packaging systems for instruments, accessories, endoscopes and system FRU’s across all ISI business units.
- The department owns designing, validating, and verifying packaging systems that include but not limited to, thermoform packaging such as Form, Fill & Seal trays, rigid trays and/or pouch sterile barrier systems, custom cartons, shippers, over shippers, reusable cases.
- The packaging engineering technician will work with a team of dedicated engineers within the packaging team to assist with various package testing needs, prototype builds, documentation of test results and identifying issues related to new designs.
- Build and assist with construction of packaging engineering prototypes.
- Build and operate EFT’s (drop, vibration testers) for transit exposure of packaging prototype packages.
- Perform packaging integrity tests on engineering package samples as well formal verification/validation test samples.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and calibration of test equipment and fixtures.
- Perform other engineering technician duties as-needed.
- Ensures successful, on-time completion of department projects; communicates constraints to direct management when successful project completion is at risk .
- Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of packaging design verification as assigned by department management.
- Complies with company department and standard operating procedures.
- Works with packaging engineers to ensure the packaging lab maintains smooth work flow and is tidy and organized.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED, along with experience working in a hardware production or test environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to report quality issues.
- Ability to suggest simple process improvements. Must be a quick learner with the ability understand complex products and processes.
- Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work. Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use basic tools and measuring equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask, and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to work around biological samples, including blood, tissue and organs. Ability to lift packages as needed to support testing needs.
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Relevant experience in a medical device company.
- Experience with operating Instrons and transit simulation equipment such as drop and vibration testers.
- Experince with performing packaging integrity tests such as peel testing, burst testing, leak testing.
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Long -Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs